TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Very Nice..
People Seeking Info

Subject Very Nice..

Posted by Cjw3 on May 06, 2014 at 11:33 PM
  This message has been viewed 344 times.

In Reply To If your running a factory tune........... posted by Greg D. (Specialty-Z) on May 06, 2014 at 09:06 PM

Message In my reading about the 300 Proms, all mentions were of the Idle being open loop, like the book says.. I've always thought that was wrong, as the CAT needs the Fuel and Air to Convert.. and have tried to locate anyone that was knowledgeable enough to clarify it for me.. up until now, no one has..

I've watched the ECU stay in Closed Loop, until the Idle Switch is made, then the O2's stop cycling, as the book says they should.. ( Open Loop Idle )

So you are saying that the 'Idle Fuel Trim' is not wide enough to fix the Mixture problem caused by the different fuel formula, and that is why the O2's Stop Correcting?..

WOW.. that is a major FUBAR..

Is this a California thing?.. or is this on all of the new fuels?.. in all parts of the States?.. is this a USDM thing?

I have read about the lean running that the 300's were experiencing on the tracks.. and having to richen them up..

OK.. back to my PROMS..

The '95 has an Older JWT 16 Bit ECU.. and the '92 ECU is stock.. so these I can excuse to being a Fuel MAP Problem.. but the Z1 Prom I purchased about 6 Months ago?.. I would expect that to be 'Fixed' for the Fuel.. I wonder what is going on there..

Going to have to Bookmark this thread, ..

I did not know a PROM would have an expiration date..

THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION..

You have an E-mail..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.